[Ti] Intel cuts PC boot time

Mikael Byström mikael.bystrom at punkass.com
Sat Oct 22 16:25:26 PDT 2005

Dr Trevor J. Hutley said:

>When the MacOS was 'small', we could do this with RAM disks, and it
>was faster.   Although boot times were shorter then anyway.
I remember them as longer actually. The machines were slower, remember?

What I'd like to see is what some PC's have, the possibility to save
state, open programs, documents and all to disk and have the machine
turned off completely, only to come back to exactly where you left off
without any strain on the battery. Obviously some data, like date/time
and network data so would be updated on reload.