[Ti] Watching dual layer DVDs on my PowerBook G4 (2003)

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Fri Sep 2 04:34:19 PDT 2005

2 sep 2005 kl. 12.04 skrev Per Brodersen:
> 1st gen PowerBook G4 (12'' - 2003) with a built-in Matshita CD-RW
> CW-8122 combo drive?
--------
Little confused here. 1 st gen 12" PB (Was there a 12" PB in 2003?)
and then CD-RW combo drive. Can you read a single DVD on it now, then
you shouldn't have any problem with reading a dual layer. It seems to
have been in the specifactions for  DVD readers since at least 2002
that they should be able to read dual DVD.

So unless Dual DVD means something different now than it did then I
think you should be right. But perhaps there is somebody on the list
who has actually run a dual DVD on a similar drive as yours and have

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/> updat 050215
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)