OT Re: [Ti] Saving web pics

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Fri Sep 9 00:26:43 PDT 2005

9 sep 2005 kl. 02.53 skrev Brooke Willis:
> Save a picture by clicking and holding for a second
------------
Still works, but Ctrl-clic is quicker

> The only way is to Ctrl-click, and choose Save Image to the
> Desktop,<clip> Am I missing some obvious OSX method here?
-----------
Yes, I think you might be missing the little triangle to the right of
_Save as *imagename.jpg*_ If you click on that triangle marked button
you will get the dialog box so that you can choose which folder you
want to save to.

When you done that once, I think you may even find the choosen folder
in the Drop-down list under the _Where: (Desktop default)_. Recent
folders appear at the bottom.

> *Also, when I save a picture this way, sometimes it saves to the
> desktop as Spaceball.gif, and Preview opens it as a BLANK window;
> why is this?
------------
That one I don't have a good answer to, but I guess it has something
to do with that Gif images often have a transparent background
"layer" so that the backgroung colour of the page should shine
through and that you haven't really saved the image but rather this
transparent "layer".

Please also note that images on the web aren't all free to download
and reuse. You should ask the owner  of the website and in that case
they will probably help you with all parts of the Gif image too. :-)

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/> updat 050215
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)