[Ti] Re: definitely OT: iPod nano material

Dr Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Sat Sep 10 11:59:25 PDT 2005

On 10 Sep 2005, at 21:44, Dan K wrote:

> Based on those pics it appears the nano is typical ("regular") iPod
> construction with a polycarb body and stainless steel back.

Dan - many thanks for the material comment on the pictures that Rob
Morris gave me the link to.
Never having had an iPod, nor handled one, I could only guess the
materials, but I did have the impression from the pictures and QT ad,
that the back cover was metal.
Polycarbonate for the iPod body also makes sense.
Epoxy resin for the circuit boards.
Perhaps Kapton® for the flat connectors?
Encapsulating resin (also epoxy based) for the chips.

regards,  Trevor