[Ti] broken hinge

Leif Hall prhsband at mac.com
Sat Sep 10 15:49:38 PDT 2005

Greetings!

The left hinge on my powerbook is broken. I noticed a few weeks ago that the hinge was becoming more and more difficult to open until one day it just snapped. The display and computer still work fine, but I'm just not comfortable using it as a laptop anymore. Does anyone have any ideas on where I can get problem repaired for a reasonable price?

My local repair shop, The Mac Superstore, quoted me $1100 to repair the problem. That's way outside of my budget.

It seems that this is a relatively common problem with TiBooks. I've found many similar reports all over the web. Shouldn't Apple recognize this as a defect and recall the powerbooks? How can I get Apple to comply?

Thanks for your help!

Leif