[Ti] broken hinge

heindebruijne dbruyne at knmg.nl
Sun Sep 11 03:28:16 PDT 2005

Hello Leif,

A month ago I repaired my left hinge (PB Tit) for about 125 US dollar:
I thought it to be very risky but it worked fine!
Buy your (pair) of hinges, I did via eBay ($125 + post $8,95), and
then there are two ways: I strongly advise NOT to REMOVE your display
because it is riskful and NOT necessary!
Just, after the forplay, that is ao removing the hinge-mounts,  open
the side of your display
with "careful brute force" and exchange the hinge.
You will find a very fine detailed manual with pictures on the web.
I used the following manual by email from jocortes at optonline.net,
studied it for a long time
and did the job! Proud as a, we say in The Netherlands, ape.

Good luck, will you let me hear?
Regards
Hein de Bruijne
Langegracht 26
3601 AJ  MAARSSEN,  NEDERLAND
Tel.:   +31 346 575 802
GSM : +31 6 22 99 60 88
eMail: dbruyne at knmg.nl

Op 11 sep 2005 om 2:59 heeft Mr.Shannon Strachan het volgende
geschreven: