[Ti] Re: definitely OT: iPod nano

Alex alex at fotomotion.net
Tue Sep 13 08:10:06 PDT 2005

USB 2 holds backward compatibility with USB 1 in its spec and has
done from day one.
As a side;
Be aware that if you have a USB 2 chain and plug a USB 1 device into
it ALL the units will slow to USB 1 speeds

Alex

On 13 Sep 2005, at 15:52, Matt Fosberg wrote:

On Sep 13, 2005, at 6:46 AM, Mike wrote:

> On Sep 13, 2005, at 12:22 AM, Daniel Beck wrote:
>

>> Firewire is the standard for video work. Digital Video is
>> important to Apple. Firewire's not going to disappear anytime soon.
>>
>> Daniel
>> ____
>>

> Which was why I asked the question in the first place. It's also
> interesting to me because the legacy Macs do not come with USB 2
> and are thus precluded from working with the Nano.

Actually, according to reports on Macintouch and elsewhere, the Nano
works just fine on USB 1.1, it will be slower, but it will sync.

Matt