[Ti] Re: PowerBook competition

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Wed Sep 21 10:15:13 PDT 2005

On Sep 21, 2005, at 9:38 AM, Timothy Luoma wrote:

> Have you had a chance to see one in person?

Yes, one of the PC dealers in Rice Lake, WI has one and I saw it
yesterday.  That's what prompted me to point it out.  The "look and
feel" of the machine is like a PowerBook - attention to industrial
design and detail.  It also comes with Firewire, one of the few PC
notebooks I've seen that do.

>> http://www.lenovo.com/us/en/
>>

> (These are the folks who are now making the Thinkpad since IBM
> dropped it.)

IBM still owns a quite large share and the Z-series still carry the
IBM ThinkPad name.
--
Chris