[Ti] Re: PowerBook competition

Michael Levin michael.levin at ttu.edu
Wed Sep 21 13:48:59 PDT 2005

The problem is competition. The ThinkPad is not a competitor of the
Power Book because, as of this writing, you cannot run Macintosh OS
on the Think Pad. Thanks to Virtual PC, you can run a hobbled version
of Windows on a Power Book.

Now, if you could hack the Intel version of the Macintosh OS to
enable it to run on a Think Pad, then I would agree that the Think
Pad is a competitor to the Power Book.

As to the design, I despise the TiBook with all my being. I have
replaced the top case and the bottom is coming off. The screen is a
mess.

Once upon a time, back when IBM still made the Think Pad, those
things were nearly indestructible. Ditto Dell's cases (Jeff Jarvis
notwithstanding). Apple's? Horrid would be an apt description of
their portable designs.