[Ti] Strange Monitor Problem

zefred zefred at popstar.com
Thu Sep 22 16:54:04 PDT 2005

Le 23 sept. 05, à 00:20, David DelMonte a écrit :

> I'm working with my daughter's TiPB/500.
>
> When it starts, the screen comes on perfectly for 1 sec. Then, while
> the rest of the computer starts normally, the screen blacks out -
> almost - I can vaguely see the desktop if I try hard enough.
>
> This happens in regular startup; after a PRAM reset; in firewire mode;
> and in safe mode.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> THANKS
>
> David

Yep, either it's the backlight of the LCD that is dead, either it's the
card that controls this backlight ( it's called the inverter card)
you can find the cards at powerbookfixit.com or on ebay for pretty
cheap if you know how to change them yourself or have a technician
friend. Otherwise...it's apple technician !

Good luck

Fred