[Ti] Re: PowerBook competition

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Thu Sep 22 18:03:51 PDT 2005

On Sep 22, 2005, at 1:18 PM, Matt Gregory wrote:

> I wonder if Apple could ever recover from such a move?

I don't know.  Perhaps Andy Hertzfeld summed it quite nicely in the
Silicon Valley roundtable discussions:

"I think Apple is currently more excited about its burgeoning music
business than its relatively static computer business. For many
years, the company was frustrated that its innovations, no matter how
brilliant, were circumscribed by a dwindling niche computer business
- now it's ecstatic that it can innovate as a dominating market leader."

--
Chris