[Ti] Re: PowerBook competition

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Thu Sep 22 19:13:17 PDT 2005

On Sep 22, 2005, at 8:16 PM, Jeffrey K. Lew wrote:

> So apparently, individual dealers who bulk-buy can get their price
> down to 53% of the retail price, if it's indeed the same
> configuration with the Celeron (otherwise, it could be more like
> 35% of the retail price--wow!).

I appears to be more than that in some places.  Tice Computer, a
local HP dealer here, has HP Pavilion 1140 desktops on sale, complete
with a monitor, keyboard, speakers and mouse, for $499 with mail-in
rebate.  They retail for $1,099 and OfficeMax was selling the Compaq
version of the same computer for $449.99 with mail-in rebate, but has
since sold out of them.
--
Chris