[Ti] Re: PowerBook competition

Timothy Luoma lists at tntluoma.com
Fri Sep 23 00:13:30 PDT 2005

On Sep 22, 2005, at 10:23 PM, T.L. Miller wrote:

> On 22 Sep 2005, at 02:40, Steve Wozniak wrote:
>
>> Basically, you don't go to a store and compare PC's to
>> Macintoshes, or, as in this case, vice-versa
>
> I don't , and you don't, but an average computer user does.

See, here Steve is posting information based on an actual
investigation into the reality of the situation by the DOJ and you're
just posting your opinion that they were completely wrong.

> The average student, businessman, doctor, musician....they are all
> looking for an appliance, a solution to their problems. For them
> it's about using the tool to get the job done.

Yes, but they have been bombarded by Microsoft's illegally
accomplished monopoly before they walk in the door.

> A friend of mine who is a music producer was working on his PC for
> years. I would visit him and we would make music together, and he
> would always ask him to help me with the problems he experienced in
> XP (stability (due to 3rd party software more than MS's) and
> malware). One day i showed him my Mac, and I showed him that you
> can run Logic on it. Within a week he had switched.

Which is probably always what it will take for people to "get" why
the Mac is worth more.  And their pricing, while not as low as
bargain basement PCs, are not completely out of line.

I would be interested to see what a true comparison of a Powerbook
and a Lenovo machine would be.

TjL