[Ti] Cleaning screen on Ti. caution using water

dan_A dan.auerbach at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 18:44:11 PDT 2005

On Sep 25, 2005, at 4:10 PM, MBurke6225 at aol.com wrote:

> Just be careful, where I live the water has minerals in it, a lot
> of minerals, so much in fact that it leaves a silt surface on the
> inside bottom of the water cabinet of the toilet.  I would think
> constant use could be abrasive to the screen.   Suggest you first
> look in your toilet cabinet for silt. not very scientific but
> effective.  If you see it, or feel it on the bottom then buy a
> bottle of filtered water.

Ha ha. Yes, hard water could be dangerous. Some very interesting
methods were given. Here's one that costs nothing and is always
available. When I'm traveling in the Gobi or on the dry Alto Plano,
high up in the Andes around Patacamayo, or even wandering through The
Bronx; I use spit and my shirt tail. They are always in supply except
when I'm taking a bath... then I'll just quickly dip the screen into
the bath and flap it back and forth for about 2 minutes. Economic,
always available, very low tech technique.*

dan_A

*don't use this technique on your pb. Sorry, I couldn't resist.