[Ti] KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE ?

Dr Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Mon Sep 26 09:49:52 PDT 2005

I have noted that quite a number of applications on my Al-book/10.4.2
are suddenly quitting.  This happens maybe twice a day.
I am not surprised when that happens with Word (v 11.2), but now it
is happening with Keynote® (twice now in a Lecture), Safari, just
happened in Canvas.....

This is not the level of stability that I have been used to.

Each time, there is this statement:

         Exception:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
         Codes:      KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x000000fb

Can anyone help with the meaning of this?

Any advice as to anything that I can do to fix it?

I run Cocktail regularly.

regards,  Trevor