[Ti] M$T Office 2004 update

Dr Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Tue Sep 27 11:34:01 PDT 2005

(If anyone thinks this is off topic, please do not resign from the
List)        :-)

I just ran the update (under 10.4.2) for Office 2004 on my Al-book.

The installation stopped just before the end, with a stated 16 files
remaining, with the message:

             A disk error occurred while reading from the disk.
             Please contact technical support for help.
             1008:22,-36 IO Error (bad Disk)

I have seen mud that is more transparent.

Is this referring to the disk image on which the Installer resides,
or my hard disk?

The outcome of this partially completed update is that ALL my Office
applications have been deleted..... (W, E, P...).

In the Dock they have all become question marks!

I restored them from my backup, re-ran the Update and the very same
thing happened.

Has anyone else seen such behaviour ?  Any advice as to what I might do?

Could it be a corruption of the Installer during download?
Is it a problem with my (nearly new) Toshiba 80Gb disk?

regards,  Trevor