[Ti] Will Apple drop its OS?

Timothy D. Naegele tdnaegele.associates at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 14:17:04 PDT 2006

With more people using Windows on their Macs (e.g., because of "Boot
Camp"), will software developers feel the need to develop software to
run on Apple's OS; and if they are less inclined to do so, will Apple
eventually abandon its OS?

I believe Mac OS X is terrific, and I would consider abandoning Apple
if it dropped its OS, at least in part because we pay a premium for
Apple hardware.  I hope I am wrong that the move to Windows (see,
e.g., http://blogs.forbes.com/digitaldownload) might foretell a future
without Mac OS.

Also, so far during the month of April, there seem to be very few
posts to this list.  Are its wonderful contributors abandoning it for
other lists?  If so, which one is preferable?

Thanks, as always.

Timothy D. Naegele
www.naegele.com