[Ti] Will Apple drop its OS?

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Wed Apr 5 15:24:52 PDT 2006

I have the feeling that the next step is that Apple will start
selling a version of OS X that will run on Dells and HPs and etc.
Windows users will then get a taste of what the Mac OS can do and how
safe and stable it is and many will gradually migrate to the Apple
system.

Also, I can predict that Apple will build more incentives in OS X to
convice users to buy the Apple hardware as well as the software. They
are genius’ at building in new features that will run better (or
only) on newer Apple machines which will gradually convince some die-
hard Windows users to “switch.”

Microsoft and Apple are going to have a very interesting new
battlefield to go to war on and I believe the outcome will be a much
larger piece of the computer pie for Apple. Most computer analysts
have rated the Mac operating system as being superior to Windows, so
we are about to see a great opportunity for people to discover why.

First it was the MP3 player, now they have their sights set on the PC
once again. It’s about time!

jg