[Ti] Will Apple drop its OS?

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Thu Apr 6 11:01:23 PDT 2006

On Apr 5, 2006, at 5:24 PM, John Griffin wrote:

> Most computer analysts have rated the Mac operating system as being
> superior to Windows, so we are about to see a great opportunity for
> people to discover why.

This is the type of stuff that will kill the Mac:
http://news.com.com/2061-10794_3-6058301.html?
part=rss&tag=6058301&subj=news

Even after Photoshop is optimized for OS X on x86, Windows is going
to blow it away.  Mark my words.

Mach/XNU is a RISC kernel.  It was never designed to run with x86
instructions sets.  It's sort of like having a Chevy and you weld a
BMW badge to the hood and bolt a BMW engine in it with an adapter
plate.  It might now say BMW on it but it's still a Chevy.
--
Chris

PGP Key:  http://astcomm.net/~chris/PGP_Public_Key/