[Ti] Will Apple drop its OS?

Dr Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Fri Apr 7 12:05:32 PDT 2006

On 7 Apr 2006, at 04:24, Robert Ameeti wrote:

> you can crash a Mac by asking it to open 40+ applications is a
> meaningless, worthless test as no person would ever need to do that

Since I am always using my Al-book in a multi-tasking mode, I think
that some test like this is appropriate, at least for users like me.
We are interested to know if the MacBook can handle what we throw at
it, as our current Macs can.

Maybe 40+ applications seems a lot, as maybe 20 is my maximum, when I
am working normally.

However, the activity monitor shows that I am currently running 76
processes and 284 threads (and it is my weekend, so I have none of my
work applications open).
I have 229 applications in my Applications folder, so I am not sure I
would risk doing "select all and open" on all 229 of  them, but I
might later, as a test.

It seems to me that the multi-tasking ability of OS X is what enables
me to continue to use my 2.5 year old Al-book on a 24/24 basis with
hardly any problems.

regards,  Trevor