[Ti] Will Apple drop its OS?

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Sun Apr 9 09:49:21 PDT 2006

On Apr 8, 2006, at 3:06 PM, rob morris wrote:

> Oh well, most of us do not run those projects. So for what we run
> which is what recent tests have shown, both OS on a mac smoke the
> PC boxes.

With how much voltage applied to the Reality Distortion Field Generator?

If you're referring to this "test" that somebody else pointed out as
"definitive proof":

Looks to me like the MacTel Core Duo got its butt kicked across the
board on Windows Media Encoding, and was within one second of a
comparable Acer portable equipped with a slower clocked processor on
the Photoshop scripts.

On one-off benchmarks done at different times, different locations,
running different configurations, and only three tests done on the Macs.

Then a Mac fanboy site - MacNN - picked up on one number on the Mac
that was higher than the only comparable PC in the test battery, that
happens to have slower clock, and pasted it all over the internet.
Suddenly Macs are smoking PC's?  More like Mac fanboys smoking crack.

> Whatever Chris. Sorry.

Again, no need to apologize.  Perhaps you just need to update your
information.
--
Chris