[Ti] importing audio tapes

MBurke6225 at aol.com MBurke6225 at aol.com
Tue Apr 11 12:02:59 PDT 2006

In a message dated 4/11/06 11:09:18 AM, mac.k at a2k.ch writes:

> i would like to import into itunes some old audio tapes that i have.
> i have a 17" powerbook which has one of those audio line-in ports.
>
> what are the pros and cons of this port versus griffin's imic?

It depends upon your tape machine.   Some decks have an audio out while
others have a speaker out.   Speaker outs are an amplified signal which can add
distortion.   Line out is the best way to go.   Some outs are balanced others are
unbalanced.   Suggest that you Google your deck name for specs if you don't
already have them.   The Powerbook has an audio to digital converter built in,
so you do not need an iMic, just a cord from the deck out to the miniplug of
the record in of the 17.    Apple.com/support will have the a-d specs but I
think they are something like 20hz to 20khz.   Hope this helps.