[Ti] importing audio tapes

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Tue Apr 11 14:48:11 PDT 2006

On Apr 10, 2006, at 5:41 PM, alexandre wrote:

> i would like to import into itunes some old audio tapes that i
> have. i have a 17" powerbook which has one of those audio line-in
> ports.
>
> what are the pros and cons of this port versus griffin's imic?

The Griffin iMic is used if you don't have an 1/8" mini jack audio
input port. The iMic can be used as a converter between 1/8" mini
jack and a USB input port. This was necessary on some (or all) of the
15" Titanium Powerbook models. If your 17" PowerBook is so equipped,
you don't need the iMic, though you can use it if you want. I don't
think audio quality will be different.

If you play the tapes in a tape deck attached to your Hifi, you'll
just need a cable with two RCA plugs on one end (to plug into your
amplifier's or tape deck's tape out jacks) and a 1/8" mini jack on
the other to plug into your powerbook directly or the iMic. They're
available for a few dollars at Radio Shack, Best Buy, and other places.

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com