[Ti] Upgrading an Aluminum 1Ghz

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Sat Apr 15 11:35:14 PDT 2006

On Apr 15, 2006, at 10:32 AM, David DelMonte wrote:

> I realized that I had not responded to Chris's email about Daystar.
> It turns out that they can upgrade any model Aluminum Powerbook
> except the 1Ghz. Oh well.

While the 1.0 Ghz can't be upgraded to a 7448 processor, it can be
upgraded to a 7447A clocked at 1.92 Ghz.  We have a fellow at work
that had his done.  It cost him $500, took 4 days to get it back, and
it works beautiful.  Technically the 1.0 Ghz can be upgraded to a 2.0
Ghz 7447A, but you have to replace the logic board with one out of a
1.5, which is most times cost probative.

I'd call their tech support dept at 1-877-439-8646 to get the full
scoop.

Oh, and your PowerBook must be a 15" too.  The 12" units can't be
upgraded.
--
Chris

PGP Key:  http://astcomm.net/~chris/PGP_Public_Key/