[Ti] MacBook Pro 17" released

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Mon Apr 24 09:34:21 PDT 2006

Nothing really new but the processors.

Apple has released the new MacBook Pro 17" but it is lacking what I
was hoping and expecting.

I was so hoping for an option for built in broadband CDMA support so
as to not have to carry an extra PC Card for cell connectivity. The
newer size is not even available yet so I can't buy the darn thing
and get connected at all yet! :-( :-(

And how about Wi-Fi availability without opening the case? There
should be an LED indicator on the outside so you don't have to open
it up to see if there is a nearby signal. And the LED should indicate
if there is an Open network, not just locked down networks.

I was also looking for a new option that would use Biometric
Fingerprint Readers and integrated SmartCard access for higher
security.

What user couldn't use a SmartCard reader built in?

Apple is not leading the pack with new features like they used to as
these items are available from Dell portables.
--

Robert Ameeti

Women should be obscene and not heard.
            -- Groucho Marx