[Ti] MacBook Pro 17" released

alexandre mac.k at a2k.ch
Mon Apr 24 13:17:33 PDT 2006

On 24 avr. 06, at 20:44, David DelMonte wrote:

> Alexandre, why is xp out of the question?  just curious, I know all
> the pitfalls. I have to run it under virtual PC to do my taxes and
> run my telescope.
>
> David

well… i tend to avoid microsoft applications! now i'm down to "only"
word and excel…

more seriously: i switch intensively between archicad and photoshop.
so booting into xp for photoshop, rebooting into tiger for archicad,
rebooting for photoshop, rebooting for archicad, and so on is not an
option (unless i missed something). a more viable option could be the
parallels route.

the universal binary version of archicad should be out by the summer
and something tells me that the adobe stuff will be out before 2007.
who knows. but i REALLY wouldn't mind buying the new (rev b) 17" by
the end of the year…

best regards

alexandre
:: 17" 1.5ghz powerbook / 1.5gb / 100gb at 7200 / X.4.6 ::