[Ti] G4 Hinges Needed

heindebruijne dbruyne at knmg.nl
Sun Aug 27 12:41:32 PDT 2006

Hi Mykel,
More than a year ago I had to replace the left hinge, I did'nl like to
repair them and bought a pair;
I found a site where there was explained a replacement of one or both
hinges
without taking the display of....!

I got the INSTRUCTIONS with very helpful foto's from Jose R. Cortes,
jocortes at optonline.net:
I also bought my hinges from him, quick delivery, new original hinges
for a reasonable prize.

Scaring at first but after a lot of serious studying the 'manual' I
fixed it
within a hour, it is still sound working after another year or so
of opening and closing some twenty times every day!

I have a new, not used right hinge, if you like, but you need two, so
ask what is
the difference in prize for one or for a pair; always nice to have a
spare one for the other side.

Just look into Jose's pages very carefully and do'nt be afraid for the
"CRACK"
when you open the display back-cover.

Hope you will be happy just like I was with my own repair!
Good Luck!!!

Hein de Bruijne, The Netherlands.

(Ti PB 667mHz  30 GB 1GB)

PS
I would'nt go as far as separate the display from the PB, it is
difficult, risky and not necessary.
If you want to see how that has to be done:
http://geekspeak.org/articles/20/
http://www.photo.is/titanium.html

Hein de Bruijne
Langegracht 26
3601 AJ  MAARSSEN,  NEDERLAND
Tel.:   +31 346 575 802
GSM : +31 6 22 99 60 88

Op 27-aug-06 om 18:54 heeft Mykel het volgende geschreven: