[Ti] Ti 800 PRAM

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Mon Aug 28 23:05:20 PDT 2006

28 aug 2006 kl. 23.48 skrev kalirhe at umdnj.edu:
> So, basically - if I can get the Ti 800 started, and install
> Techtool Pro 4, I should be able to pick up any hardware probs?
-----------
Don't you have the Hardware test CD which came with the Ti? I should
try to start with that before I install things. I also thought it was
possible to use Techtools from its CD and not install it.

Don't assume that the RAM is fine because it is Apple original. If
you can borrow the right kind from another Ti I should swap and test
with that and mostly test that the RAM is seated correctly.

Don't forget my little "First Aid check" Have the correct screw
driver and check that all screws are tight, and if 800 has the
"loose" keyboard check that the screws _and_ magnets are tight and in
their correct places. A loose magnet can cause all sorts of odd
behavior if fallen down in the TI.

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/> updat 050215
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)