[Ti] Crying for help - my new black macbook doesnt read media

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Sun Dec 17 03:54:17 PST 2006

On 17 Dec 2006, at 06:03, Carlos Fernando Hernandez wrote:

> My new black macbook is only reading original CDs or DVDs, doesn't
> load
> any other media.
>
> I just did the reset of PRAM and PMU, upgrade all the software and
> used
> a compress air can to try if is not dirty or something like that.

Carlos - buenos dias!

These are probably good things to have tried.
I have no solution for specific problem, but in your case, I would
also run Applejack.
I do this as  matter of routine, if something strange is happening to
my Mac.....

Install applejack (if for some reason you do not have it installed
already), after downloading from

http://tc.versiontracker.com/product/redir/lid/917265/
AppleJack-1.4.3.dmg

Restart in single user mode (Apple-s) and then type:		 applejack AUTO
restart

This will do a deep cleanse of your Macbook.

I hope you find a solution, and it would be good to have it posted,
as this kind of thing can happen to anyone, I guess.

regards, Trevor