[Ti] Wireless cards that work with G4 Powerbook

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Fri Feb 3 11:42:30 PST 2006

I have successfully used a number a number of different PCMCIA cards
that are Altheros based (rather than Broadcom like the Airport
Extreme card). You need the right software to do this, however. The
OrangeWare Wireless Driver software has just been upgraded to 3.2 and
is available at:

<http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/22297>

I have been using it with a 3Com Card for awhile now and it works
fine. The driver installs in a System Prefs pane and has many more
settings and readouts than are available in Tiger for Airport.

jg