[Ti] Wireless cards that work with G4 Powerbook

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Sat Feb 4 15:08:22 PST 2006

At 5:27 PM -0500 2006.02.04, David DelMonte wrote:

>Woz, does Verizon use GSM - so that this technology can be used outside of the US? Your statement that you're on a cruise ship intrigued me.

I was told, but can't yet verify it, by a Cingular store manager today that there is a version of the SLVR L7 phone (super slim - "sliver") that operates on the EDGE and UMTS systems, up to 450 kbps. I can't say more until I have and try one. I'm also getting some sense that there may be a version of the RAZR phone with this 3G capability. Things are changing too fast.
--

-- tv is wake zone