[Ti] Wireless cards that work with G4 Powerbook

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Sat Feb 4 16:40:16 PST 2006

Tom Klinkowstein wrote:

> Which, is any of the phone services with wireless data connections,
> supports Mac OS?  I  use Sprint and when I ask even their tech guys,
> they know nothing about Mac OS compatibility.

All you need is the GPRS service and a data connection via your phone.

After that it's just a point of your Mac communicating with the phone or
wireless card. So if your service provider can offer a GPRS data
connection to your phone (they will tell you what number you need to
dial to activate it etc) then it should work, as long as your phone is
supported my OS X.

I tend to use Bluetooth to connect and favour Ericsson phones as they
seem to have excellent support out of the box in OS X. I'm using a T36m
at the moment, but more recent (Sony Ericsson)  models will also work.

--
Tarik