[Ti] screen protector

Ralph Lewis maccare at gwi.net
Tue Feb 14 16:59:34 PST 2006

On Feb 14, 2006, at 2:38 PM, Jim Freeman wrote:

> I'm in the market for a screen protector for my 12" G4 powerbook.
> What do people recommend
>
> Background: my previous computer was a Pismo. I realized too late
> that my keyboard was making marks on the screen, and was never
> fully able to clean them off.

I regularly clean the screen on my own and customers powerbooks by
dampening a soft cloth with windex and wiping the marks off. Works
beautifully. The marks are skin grease left on the keys by your
fingers. if left on the screen long enough they etch into the
surface. but cleaning once a month or so saves the bother of a cover,
and I have yet to see any damage to the screens from the cleaning. DO
NOT SPRAY THE SCREEN.

Ralph Lewis
Mac-care.com
maccare at gwi.net