[Ti] 15" 1.5Ghz + 10.4.5 = no warm pluggable DVI

Robert Cramer rcramer2 at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 16 18:07:03 PST 2006

I've always connected my Apple monitor to my Powerbook in the
following fashion, and it still works under 10.4.5:

The DVI monitor has THREE cables, what I call the "main cable," a
Firewire cable and a USB cable.

The Powerbook is ASLEEP.

I plug in power to the Powerbook, and the DVI main cable to the
Powerbook (the order is immaterial).

I open the Powerbook cover, awakening the Powerbook from sleep.

When I see activity on the DVI screen, I plug in the Firewire and USB
cables to the Powerbook.

I don't know what the "standard" procedure is, but this always works.

r o b e r t   c r a m e r

rcramer2 at mindspring.com
robert.cramer at lacity.org