[Ti] Intel Mac Mini?

John simplymail at ururk.com
Fri Feb 24 15:33:41 PST 2006

On Feb 24, 2006, at 5:28 PM, John Griffin wrote:

> Oh, and by the way, has anyone been able to run Photoshop CS2, MS
> Office and Quark on one of these machines successfully yet?

I've read that Photoshop and Office run - Office runs OK, while I've
heard Photoshop is comparable to a 1 Ghz class titanium machine.
Haven't heard about Quark. Quark is the only application that really
runs fast on my Ti 550, so I expect the IntelMacs to run Quark
comfortably.

However, if you do have an inkling to try either of the Apps, go to
your local apple store and run Pshop (you'll have to install it from
the Adobe demo - ask an Apple store employee before you do so). I
don't know if Quark 6.5 has a free demo. Keep in mine Quark 7 will be
a universal application... assuming vendors find it easy to switch
to, without much hassle. I think the only reason Quark 6.5 was
accepted so quick was that people running 4.1 and 5.1 were waiting
for 6 to be released, and tired of running either program in classic
mode.