[Ti] Intel Mac Mini? (OT)

Mikael Byström mikael.bystrom at punkass.com
Sat Feb 25 09:04:42 PST 2006

Ian Collier said:

>Fortunately there is no need as OpenOSX's Wintel (http://openosx.com/
>wintel/ ) run's XP on Intel Macs without any emulation. And it is
>just $25. I haven't used it so can't vouch for it directly, but they
>claim to boot XP in about 30 seconds.

What we really want is the ability to run Windows apps within OS X, sans
XP. Like with the Darwwine project <http://darwine.opendarwin.org/>.
Well, actually I can't use that much as what I need is to have a reliable
test environment that is as close to my users' as possible, for which VPC
is great. So I'd prefere an Intel-native VPC or similar product. OpenOSX
Wintel may be for me when I get a MacIntel. I bookmarked it.

I doubt any environment would allow me to run XP-compiled plugs in Logic
7. But it would be great if that could ever work reliably. Running VST-
plugs in Logic was also something I thought impossible, until wrapper
products arrived.

And Mac Mini's is Off Topic  as far as I can tell. Please use "(OT)",