[Ti] Intel Mac Mini?

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Sat Feb 25 16:08:35 PST 2006

On Feb 25, 2006, at 4:55 PM, Bob Jacobsen wrote:

> I strongly question the motives and ethics of somebody who would
> distribute something that _deliberately_ causes damage when the
> same point can be made by distributing something that doesn't.

You can question what you want.

FYI, the only "safe" way to do a demo like this is to make sure it is
deleted from your system after you download it (which we will quite
effectively do, whether you like it or not) so it can't be
distributed into the wild.  The proof-of-concept demos from Secunia
et al are purely negligent in that any hacker can pick up on them,
see how it's done, and implement it in the wild.  And they do this
openly, knowing that Apple doesn't have a patch to fix it.  They're
the ones whom I'd question motives and ethics......
--
Chris