[Ti] Intel Mac Mini?

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Sat Feb 25 16:45:58 PST 2006

On Feb 25, 2006, at 6:29 PM, Henry Kalir wrote:

> Would the Virus Barrier suite with its network guard etc. have any
> protective capacity against this?

I'm not sure Henry.  I'm not in the business of evaluating anti-
malware products.

Again, if anybody wants to try out the demo, see if your favorite
anti-malware program will protect your files, etc., email me off-
list.  We've had several takers already.  We provide you with very
adequate instructions on how to first back up your user files, and
provide you with adequate warning that we are about to demonstrate
the full power of what can be done to your Mac OS X system that you
(thought) was invulnerable to this type of thing.

We cannot, however, assist with restoration of your personal files
from backup if you have technical issues, etc..

We have done this because we see so many Mac sites and users scream
"FUD" when they see a proof-of-concept demo, think they can change a
default setting, and still insist that Mac OS is more secure than
Windows.  This is the type of thinking that turned Microsoft Outlook
Express into Microsoft Outbreak Excess.

There is NOTHING quite as effective to get the message across as you
staring in horror at an empty user directory, and it happens faster
than you can say "oh crap - all my files are gone..."
--
Chris

PGP Key:  http://astcomm.net/~chris/PGP_Public_Key/