[Ti] G4 800 Ti: Screen goes "dark"

Mikael Byström mikael.bystrom at punkass.com
Sun Feb 26 18:27:37 PST 2006

Timothy D. Naegele said:

>Beginning a few days ago, all of a sudden when I am working, the
>screen goes dark like the machine has gone to sleep.

Are you sure you don't have active corners on for the screensaver? It's
easy to slip over there with the trackpad and if done quickly and the
machine is working on other stuff the display may go dark for quite a
while before the screensaver starts.

What helps for me is closing the lid or pressing Option-Command-Eject or
Option-Command-Power to put the machine to Sleep and then reawake it.