[Ti] Maximum ram on G4 800 Ti?

paulatx1 at aol.com paulatx1 at aol.com
Mon Feb 27 20:08:24 PST 2006

I can remember in the past that the limitations assigned to some
computer ram  was due to what was currently available in ram sizes.
And I do know for sure  that I have more ram installed in my original
clamshell laptop than  it was originally supposed to support.  (And I
remember that my blue iMac did NOT recognize more than they said it
would.)
It would be tempting to get two  one gig ram chips for my Ti...but that
would be $700.  At this time though, even an additional $350 is too
much to shell out just for the heck of it.    (So...if someone else out
there is running laptops with more ram than it is supposed to support,
please let us know!)
                    Paula