[Ti] Firewire 400 vs 800

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Thu Jan 5 17:47:37 PST 2006

To add a bit to this rather abbreviated reply, just make sure that
the drive’s firmware is up to date. Some early FW800 drives had some
issues with Mac OS X because of the Oxford chipset. Later firmware
patches were issued that corrected the problem. These problems
surfaced with Panther, but I have not heard of any issues with Tiger.
But just to be on the safe side, visit the manufacturer’s web site
where the most recent firmware update should be posted for download.

jg