[Ti] second hand value of tibooks and alu's with new Intelbook

MBurke6225 at aol.com MBurke6225 at aol.com
Tue Jan 10 22:49:56 PST 2006

In a message dated 1/10/06 7:49:22 PM, mikael.bystrom at punkass.com writes:

> Do you guys think the titanium machines, that have been stable since mid
> 2004 pricewise here in sweden (about $500 to $650 depending on model)
> will take a nosedive pricewise (say a $100 drop) with the new Intel
> books, when they actually get on the market (as in buyable anywhere in
> the world)?

Pretty doubtful that a major drop will occur on the Aluminum as they are
still selling them.   However, the Ti is older technology and like all older
technology its shelf value diminishes with each passing year.   If memory serves
Apple stopped selling Ti three years ago.   But, and this is a big but, I have
friends who love their Ti and wouldn't trade it in or sell it for the world.
Talk has been that it will take a year or so to shake out the MacIntel and we
are at the bleeding edge of that year.   It all boils down how many existing
programs will run on the MacIntel platform so we can expect a phased launch of
the system and new software.   Bottom line expect a drop in Ti prices would be
a good guess.