[Ti] no FW800

Ian Collier ian.collier at mac.com
Wed Jan 11 10:07:40 PST 2006

But the LaCie drive in the referenced MacWorld test was FW400 only -
so hardly surprising it was the one of the slowest - and recommended
as very good value for users who don't have FW800.

When macuser.co.uk tested a number of FW drives including the  LaCie
d2 Extreme 160 GB it was the fastest drive on test. (Sept '04 http://
www.pcpro.co.uk/macuser/labs/20:18/hard-drives/products.html )

LaCie's d2 drives are fast, cheap and reliable in my experience - the
one's in the Porsche designed cases are cheap, and although the cases
look slick they do feel flimsy.

--Ian