[Ti] Transform Combo drive into SuperDrive

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Thu Jan 12 20:19:24 PST 2006

On Jan 12, 2006, at 7:36 PM, Alcovia at aol.com wrote:

> I installed a new combo Drive. Somewhere waaaay back in Ti history
> someone had a method to turn on the full functionality of the drive
> so it burned DVD's too.

That doesn't sound right. I don't think a combo drive, which is DVD
read-only, has the hardware to burn DVDs so you can't just flip some
firmware and burn disks.

What you may be thinking of is a method to make a DVD reader region
free. That involves a firmware reload that you can attempt at your
own risk.

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com