[Ti] Windows compatable

Alex alex at fotomotion.net
Fri Jan 13 16:34:43 PST 2006

Just because M$ do not build in EFI compatibility into Windoze means
very little...

This article from 2003 shows that Windoze was booting within EFI PC's
using 32bit P4 processors 2 years ago!

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News/Details.aspx?NewsId=8628

here is a review of the gateway PC in question, it was running the
Media Center WinXP.

http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/Gateway_610_series_Media_Center/
4505-3118_16-30565073.html

If it could be done in 2003 by gateway! of all companies! I am sure
it will not take very long for
an ICBM (Intel Chip Base Mac) :-) (thanks for that rosyna from
unsanity.org) to get a hacked Winodze running on it.

We will just have to wait and see...

Alex

On 13 Jan 2006, at 00:13, Glenn L. Austin wrote:

On Jan 12, 2006, at 10:34 AM, Chris Olson wrote:

> On Jan 12, 2006, at 11:16 AM, Loren wrote:
>
>> Will Windows or i386 unix's work on this Duo Core thingy?
>
> Windows or x86 unices will run on the processor, but they won't run
> on a Mac with an Intel processor.  The Mac don't have a BIOS.  It
> instead uses Intel's EFI (Extensible Firmware Interface).

I fully expect that Linux will have support for EFI (if they don't
already).

Microsoft may or may not add EFI support to Windows XP (probably not,
unless Vista is delayed again).  LongWait, err..., Vista is supposed
to have that support.

--
Glenn L. Austin <><
Computer Wizard and Race Car Driver

Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random
stuff: