[Ti] Re: Windows is good advice for the consultants who support it

FC Farwell frankfarwell at mac.com
Sun Jan 15 04:46:37 PST 2006

On Jan 14, 2006, at 9:09 AM,
titanium-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:

>> If people absolutely need to use Windows, it is because they are
>> using some specialized, vertical-market application.  Everything
>> else has options on the Mac as well as Windows.
>>
>> If I wanted to make as much money from supporting my customers as
>> possible, I'd recommend Windows to them

Gosh it would be more useful if we stayed on topic. but here's my zero
cents worth.
People want cheap that's why now almost everything we buy is made
outside USA.
Windows setup is cheaper and less quality made just compare design and
internals and so on including frequency of repair, support costs and
replacement and so on, not including what seems weekly patches from
from Microsoft for what might be termed poor bloated programming, Maybe
the Lexus and Ford comparison works you have heard it before, Fords are
cheaper and of course have built in less quality. It is interesting
that the Mac division of MS always has had superior products because
they hire mac people with higher built in (their minds) quality
standards, of course MS seems to be killing that part off slowly. More
often Mac developers have put their product through more rigorous
testing before reaching the market (this may slowly be changing on some
products thought) this is why you have to update MS products again so
much they are less integrated to the variety of internals you may get
on an HP, Sony and so on.

I worked with a medium sized web development company for a year I came
in and used Macs they saw my work was does quicker and often better
especially graphics than the windows counter parts. Then for some
reason (they did not have an answer to this) they said we must use MS
stuff that lasted a short time I quit and they are out of business in
that area now.

Those who know both sides of the whole story as I, having used MS stuff
and PCs to a moderate extent too. Will always choose a Mac if they have
a choice.

can we get back to on topic discussion?

FC Farwell