[Ti] Use of Wavelan Bronze Wireless Cards

Illovox Media illovox at comcast.net
Mon Jan 16 14:17:29 PST 2006

Use of Wavelan Bronze Wireless Cards

I have an odd, somewhat archaic dilemma:  I have some older TiBooks I am
selling, and due to the expense of internal airport cards, I am providing a
PC Card Wireless adapter in each of the sales.  I have a stack of Lucent
Wavelan Bronze (BroadCom chipsets).  They work fine--at my home network.
When I am in OS9, the card reads as an Airport card, when in X it works well
with the driver from IOExperts.  However, when I take the machine to a
couple local WiFi cafes, I get nothing.  No joy.  Not even an indication of
an available network.  The cafes are not encrypted--not protected.  Any
ideas as to the cause and effect of this dilemma?  Any ideas on how to
correct the problem?