[Ti] Sonnet Tech TiBook 550/667 Upgrade

erikv at mac.com erikv at mac.com
Tue Jan 17 12:55:06 PST 2006

Sonnet Tech announced TiBook Upgrade:

<http://www.sonnettech.com/service/tibook/index.html>

It's limited to 550/667 models with VGA output.

I'm on the fence about this upgrade. While it would be nice to double
the processor speed of my TiBook, the rest would be the same as it
was when I originally bought it in 2001 (i.e. 1152x768 screen, 16MB
video RAM, 802.11b wireless, USB 1.0, etc.). Plus, if anything went
wrong with the main logic board after 90 days, I'd be screwed (I'd be
screwed tomorrow if the main logic board took a dump today but still
have $500 in my pocket for a MacBook Pro...).

Regards,
erikv at mac.com