[Ti] Re: More MacBook Pro Questions

Ardeshir Mehta ardeshir at mac.com
Tue Jan 17 17:51:55 PST 2006

On 17-Jan-06, at 5:57 PM, Ralph Lewis wrote:

> In my opinion Classic has served it time and should be let loose
> into the great beyond. You can still get cross country in a covered
> wagon, but a new car will get you there faster and in more comfort.

Sure, but you'd have to shell out money to buy the car. And what if
you don't need to go cross country, but just round the block? For
that, a car is not really *that much* better, is it.

I still have plenty of programs, which originally cost me a fortune,
that run only under Classic. They serve me well - one of them is
PageMaker. Why should I shell out good money for the latest and
greatest programs when I don't really need them?

(One of the reasons I got a TiBook instead of the-then newly-released
AlBook - that was in July 2003 - was that the TiBook would boot in OS
9 while the AlBook wouldn't.)