Windows is good advice for the consultants who support it (was: Re: Good advice! (was: Re: [Ti] Windows compatable))

Glenn L. Austin glenn at austin-home.com
Tue Jan 17 20:05:55 PST 2006

On Jan 17, 2006, at 5:40 PM, Mikael Byström wrote:

> Glenn L. Austin said:
>
>> Most people don't know or care whether
>> the computer they are using is running Windows
>
> Really? A world of platform agnostics, eh? I don't agree that is the
> case. People care too much, that's what.
> They may be using Windows, fully aware of "Windows" and not being
> aware
> of "other OSes", but that is not the same thing.

Most people really don't care what they use, as long as it does "X,
Y, and Z."

There are only three "passionate" (and vocal) groups of people:

    * Those who are trying to stop their friends from making a major
mistake.
    * Those who have an axe to grind
    * Those who have something to lose.

The rest really don't care.

If you don't believe me, then sometime watch people's reaction when
they find out that there is Microsoft Office for the Macintosh.  Most
people don't know that they have an alternative to Windows,
especially if they use Office.

--
Glenn L. Austin <><
Computer Wizard and Race Car Driver